ISOP ISRAEL MISSION
To promote medication safety in Israel through education and research
ISOP ISRAEL VISION
ISOP ISRAEL must be a platform to share experience, expertise and knowledge in the ultimate goal of fostering safe medication practices in Israel, in a continuous dialog with the Ministry of Health.
ISOP ISRAEL platform must be innovative, multidisciplinary, and patient-centric and it must address the needs of all stakeholders.
Knowing that in Western countries, including Israel, thousands of patients die every year from adverse drug reactions, it makes Drug Safety a major Public Health issue, ISOP ISRAEL aims at fostering a unique, specific Israeli model for Pharmacovigilance and Safe Medications Practices, involving all stakeholders in all relevant domains where drug safety is a topic for action or concern.
ISOP ISRAEL must be the very place where medical and technological advances in drug safety are identified, centralized spread among its members. It is meant to be a focal point where medical practices, healthcare organization, education, technology, and artificial intelligence, all meet for the benefit of the patients and all health actors.
ISOP ISRAEL aims at gathering all stakeholders in an integrated approach: healthcare professionals from all disciplines and all settings, healthcare providers, HMOs, academy, Ministry of Health, academy, industry, IT-AI providers, and patient.
ISOP ISRAEL believes that Israel has the cultural, organizational, and technological skills to achieve this unique model.
ISOP ISRAEL OBJECTIVES
- Actively promote the gathering of new members from all disciplines and settings to ensure multidisciplinarity and experience sharing.
- Stay at the forefront of Drug Safety: identifying new concepts, new methods, and tools, new initiatives in Israel and abroad, new partners, new technologies
- Initiate, implement or participate in drug safety projects
- Advocate medication safety through educational activities to promote news tools/methods and to present innovative projects either from ISOP ISRAEL or other owners.
- Set up strong partnerships with professional and patients associations.
- Share Israeli expertise and experience with the international community
ISOP ISRAEL membership is open to
- any healthcare professional or provider, from any setting and any discipline, interested in the field of drug safety or pharmacovigilance
- patients, as individuals or through associations